Wednesday, August 19, 2009

An Opera Named Desire

Welcome back, readers! After a long and relaxing summer, it's time to gear up for The Tales of Hoffmann. I'll be back blogging about costumes, singers, events and more as we get closer to the opening night performance of the opera. November 7…it seems so close and yet so far. (As I sit typing, our intrepid Box Office staff is juggling phone calls from people wanting season tickets. We're going to run out of places to put these people, soon…)

If you didn't catch me last time – blogging for The Pearl Fishers – this is an informal, behind-the-scenes blog. No long treatises on the convention of ballet in French opera. No analysis of Offenbach's historical and musical influences. What we will have are updates on how the production is going…profiles of the singers…plenty of production photos…and maybe a few surprises!

It's going to be a lot of fun, and I look forward to comments from you guys. I'd love to hear what you want to know or see, and I'll do my best to make it happen.

See you next week!

PS: Temporarily satisfy your appetite for all things Hoffmann with our two preview videos. The Tales of Hoffmann preview talks about the production as a whole. The Behind the Scenes preview takes place at our warehouse and previews the sets and costumes (guess who's behind the camera!).

No comments: