Thursday, August 30, 2012

Opera 101 Part III - A plan for the 2013 Season

If I had a $500 donation for every time I heard "well I just don't know enough about opera to go"!

Closet opera lovers and those who want to learn more about opera UNITE!

I have a plan. Well, it's more like an idea.

Season tickets for Opera Colorado's 2013 Season are now on sale. If you feel like you don't want to commit to a full season, three operas, then purchase it anyway and gift one of the performances to a friend. If you start trembling at the thought of purchasing the whole season, then take a deep breath and know that starting September 29th you can purchase single-opera tickets for the season. We (I've totally got your back here) can start with Romeo and Juliet and then see how it goes.

Remember that the actual opera is only part of an evening of live music and culture.

It starts with dinner. If you're coming on opening night Opera Colorado will totally take care of you as you can purchase tickets for our opening night dinner. Dinner, check.

An hour before the performance enter the opera house to listen to Betsy Schwarm, professor at Metro State, discuss the upcoming opera. Imagine knowing a lot about the opera before it even begins so that when the curtain first goes up you already have a good idea of the plot! I have found during my path to learn more about opera that the more I know about an opera I am about to see the more I enjoy it.

After the opera, stay for the post-opera chat with Greg Carpenter our General Director and Brad Trexell, our Artistic Director. Ask a question or just listen.

Finish the night with a post-opera party (we host one on opening nights) or a dessert and drink downtown. Make it even a longer experience by spending the night with one of our several hotel partners!

Let's do it! Opera Colorado's 2013 Season is the perfect mix for those of us just getting our feet wet in the opera world! If you have any questions feel free to email me at dhanley@operacolorado.org

Thank you for reading!


No comments: