Monday, March 11, 2013

The 2013 Greater Colorado Tour – it begins…




Hello Colorado! It seems like only yesterday that I was blogging about tour 2012 – I can’t believe we’re here again! It’s 2013 and our annual Greater Colorado Tour begins tomorrow.

If you read the blogs from our fall tour, you know the players. But if you’re a new reader (and we hope there are lots of you) let me introduce you to our group this year, the Opera Colorado Young Artists. You’ll be hearing a lot about them in the days ahead: Morgan Harmison, our soprano; Cassidy Smith, our mezzo; Joshua Bouillon, our tenor; and Alex DeSocio and Jared Guest, our baritones. Steven Aguilo-Arbues joins us as our accompanist. That leaves me – Cherity Koepke, the director, tour guide and blogger for the next 7 days. Oh wait, I forgot… there’s one more. Mr. Quacksworth. You’ll no doubt be hearing about him, too.

We all met up today for the tour briefing just to make sure we have our ducks in a row; literally. See, the picture proves it.

As I write this pre-blog and finish my packing, two things occur to me.

#1: The car we’ve rented for tour is the size of a tank. The guys are excited because it’s black with tinted windows. Apparently it makes us look like the FBI, or the secret service, or something that guys think is cool. Steven even has special sunglasses for the trip so he can really look the part.

#2: Going on tour is not like going on vacation. Packing for something like this is not for amateurs. Seriously. I cannot believe the amount of stuff I have to take. It’s all ready to go, laid out on my bed. I’m thinking about sleeping on the floor tonight just so I don’t have to move it all again. The tank really will come in handy…

As you follow us on tour, I’m going to ask something of you. Readers… “Like” us, “Share” us, “Tweet” or “Comment” – whatever it is that you do in cyber-world. We want people to know what we’re up to and how we’re sharing the wonderful world of opera with the people we meet.  

Well – day one of tour awaits and there’s much more to come. We’re glad you’re joining us for the journey!

‘Till then,

Cherity

No comments: